Wow! It has been a whirwind couple of weeks!! I've met so many amazing ladies at the last couple of craft shows I have been at - so much excitement about CTMH product! I took this Christmas banner with as an example of what you can do - quickly and easily - with our Cricut Cartridges. Using the Artiste cartridge, I created this banner for our mantle. I have been asked for the dimensions so others could make it also, so I am reposting the original post.
I love making banners! I started by making one for my daughter and was amazed at how quick and easy it is to make something beautiful. Once again, it is especially easy if you have the right tools! I have decided I will make a banner for my mantle for each of the seasons, and the perfect season to start with is Christmas.
There are many words you can choose but I thought this pretty much sums up the entire season for our family -- JOY. I used the CTMH Artiste cartridge. Wow -- it was soooo easy!
Here are my "cut" dimensions. Page numbers refer to the Cricut Artiste handbook that comes with the cartridge.
Flag pieces - Pg. 77 - 4.5" - Elemental Patterned Paper
Top border - Pg. 47 - 1" - Red card stock (trimmed as needed)
Rosettes (3-D) - Pg. 77 - 1.75" - Colonial White Cardstock (remember to cut two for each rosette)
Rosettes (flat) - Pg. 56 - 3.5" - Colonial White Cardstock
Ornament - Pg. 79 - 3" - Colonial White (remember to cut four as you will need two for each ornament)
Letters - Various Pages - 3" - Cranberry Cardstock
Stamp sets used:
Very Merry Christmas (Oct. SOTM)
Inks and Embellishments:
Zip Strip from Elemental Paper Pack
-Almost every one of my pieces were sponged around the edges with Olive or Cranberry ink. This step adds dimension to your project. You MUST do this and you will not be disappointed!
-I just used ribbon to string my pieces together. I tie a knot behind each piece so it does not slide around.
-To make the ornament multi-colored, I simply stamped two ornaments, one in green and then one in red. I then cut out the middle of the green ornament and glued it onto the red.
-I used 3-D foam tape to mount my letter. Again, gives the project dimension.