Saturday, March 31, 2012

CTMH Milk Carton Using Victory Paper Pack and Stickease


Whenever my kids attend a birthday party and want to give a gift card, we like to think of different ways to present it.  After consulting my "little experts", we always try to incorporate a few elements.  We always use the child's name, choose colors we think the person may like, and we almost always include candy!

Lately, I have fallen in love with the Close To My Heart milk cartons!  They are super duper cute, and really economical (you get two in a pack for $4.95).  Best of all, they are something different.  It is really fun to decorate them and personalize them.  This one is for a friend of my son's -- a super great kid so we wanted to make sure it was specially decorated.  In this case, I used the Victory Paper Pack from CTMH.  I absolutely LOVE this paper pack!  The first time I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for me since I have four men in my life :)  I ended up using only half a 12x12 sheet on this project.  Instructions and supplies are listed below.

First I chose the paper I wanted to use.  Then, I inked all the edges of the milk carton with a sponge and co-ordinating color (in this case, Bamboo).  I cut four pieces of cardstock (2 patterned, 2 solid color) at 2-7/8" by 3-1/8".  This is for the sides. I then cut two patterned pieces of cardstock at 2-7/8" x 2" for the top.  I simply used the Victory My Stickease Assortment for embellishments - some I mounted on to cardstock first and then cut, others I "popped up" using foam tape.  The tag slide and numbers pictured below were cut using the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.


We added some candy and a gift card -- voila!



* * * * * * *

Supplies used (all are CTMH unless specified):

My Creations Milk Carton (Z1739 - $4.95)
Victory Paper Pack (X7150B - $9.95)
Victory My Stickease Assortment (X7150C - $4.95) 
CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Collection (Z1686)
American Crafts Ribbon (brown)
Bamboo Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad (Z2103 - $5.25)
Sponge (Z697 - $1.25)
3D foam tape (Z1151 - $5.95)
Bonding Memories Glue (1512 - $6.95)





No comments:

Post a Comment