Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sketch Day - Easy Card Layout Idea



When I saw this card sketch at Stamping 411, I knew I had to use it!  I thought it was super simple and you could use different shapes to give it your very own flavour.



As you can see here, I used the same layout, paper and colors, but I changed up the sentiments and embellishments.  The result is three similar, yet unique, cards for three different occasions!  Super easy!!  I simply cut 1-1/2" squares and rounded the opposite corners on each piece - this essentially gives a "flower" effect.  On the first card, I did not sponge the edges of each piece and I believe you can really tell.  The next to were sponged and seem to have much more dimension to them. I have included the supply list below.






Supplies (all are CTMH unless otherwise noted)

Paper:  CTMH White Daisy, MME Darling Dear
Embellishments:  Bitty Sparkles, Clear Sparkles, Sunset Buttons, Rhinestone Designer Brads, Natural Hemp
Stamps: Remarkable Wreath (C1473), Little Reminder (Jan '12 SOTM), Art Philosophy (comes with cartridge)
Ink:  Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment